Saturday 14 May 2011

NBA Playoffs

Hey hey!
         I know it's been a while since my last post, so I'll have to make up for it here (just my little joke - I'm aware my last post was only yesterday). So the NBA Playoffs are in full swing now, and I am of course cheering on Thunder. But I don't really think they have what it takes to go all the way. Sure, they have Durant and Westbrook, two fantastic players, but they have not shown that they can go all the way and win. I think they should beat Grizzlies in game 7, but when they face Mavericks in the Western Conference Final, I think they'll go home. Mavs have shown they can beat the best with the sweep over LA Lakers, and so they should probably win the West. But 8th-Seed Grizzlies are a force to be reckoned with, having proved that with their astounding 4-2 series victory over 1st-Seed San Antonio Spurs, and have shown they can play with big boys having led the series vs Thunder. But they are unfortunately a two-man team in Z-Bo and Marc Gasol - sorry to Memphis fans, but it's pretty much true. I'm aware that Gasol didn't play too well last night, but it was one of the first times in the post season that players like Conley and Mayo have more than made up for it. Even in the Triple-Overtime thriller in game 5, they only contributed 34 points. So I'm thinking Mavericks for the West.
        Ah, the East. LeBron, Wade, Rose, Bosh, Deng. What a conference. And what a series we have in store. MVP vs the Big 3. It's going to get feisty. I personally will be cheering on Bulls, but that's based on the fact I don't like LeBron, as I am a Cavs fan. I don't think I need to say any more. Based on what I think will actually happen in the series, this could easily go either way. Deng and Noah have to support Rose really well and need to show the type of form they did against Hawks. For Heat, it's all about Chris Bosh. The question is, and has been throughout the post season, which Chris Bosh will show up? Will it be the one that can score 30 points and grab 10 rebounds, or will it be the one that can't throw a rock in the ocean at the beach? Only time will tell.
        Look out for my next post, probably about the FA Cup Final, and one very soon after that about the NHL Conference Finals. 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment